Dr Emmanuel Stratakis is a Research Director at the Institute of Electronic structure and laser (IESL) of the Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas(FORTH), where he is leading the “Ultrafast Laser Micro- and Nano- processing” laboratory(https://www.iesl.forth.gr/en/research/ULNMP-Group). He received his Ph.D. in Physics in 2001 from the University of Crete. He has been a Visiting Scientist at the University of California Berkeley in the fall semesters of 2006 and 2008.He has over 220 SCI publications and more than 8000 citations,h-index=48 (Scopus), and he has coordinated many National and EU grants. He has delivered more than 40 invited and keynote lectures and has been organizer and chair in major international scientific conferences. He has been an Editor of the journals 'Optoelectronic Advances', 'Materials Today (Bio)', 'Applied Sciences' and 'International Journal of molecular Sciences'. Since 2015, he is the Director of the European Nanoscience Facility of FORTH, part of the NFFA-Europe EU Infrastructure, where he is a member of the General Assembly. He is a National expert in the High-Level Group of EU on Nanotechnologies, Advanced Materials, Biotechnology, Advanced Manufacturing and Processing. He is a member of the Scientific Committee of COST. Since January 2020 he is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Biomimetic (https://www.biomimetic.gr/).
- 2001 Ph. D. in Physics, Physics Department, University of Crete, Greece.
- 1997, M. Sc in Condensed matter Physics, Physics Department, University of Crete, Greece.
- 1995, B. Sc in Physics, Physics Department, University of Crete, Greece.
- 2017 - Today, Research Director, FORTH-IESL
- 2017 - Today, Adjunct Professor, Physics Department, University of Crete
- 2007 – 2017, Application Scientist, FORTH-IESL, Laser and Applications Division
- 2016, Visiting Professor (3 months), CNRS, LP3 Laboratory, Marseille, France
- 2015, Visiting Researcher (5 months), CNR, IOM, Trieste, Italy
- 2008, fall semester, Visiting Researcher, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Mechanical Engineering, California, USA
- 2003 - 2007, Adjunct Professor, Materials Science and Technology Department, University of Crete
- 2006, fall semester, Visiting Researcher, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Mechanical Engineering, California, USA
- 2003-2005, Postdoctoral Researcher, FORTH-IESL, Amorphous Materials Laboratory
- Laser-matter interaction
- Ultrashort pulsed laser processing of biomimetic surfaces
- Laser processes for organic & hybrid electronics
- Laser engineeering and diagnostics of Graphene and related 2D materials
- Advanced photonic processes in photovoltaic and energy storage devices
- Photo-assisted synthesis of nanocrystals
- Applications on non linear imaging in materials science and biology
- Laser assisted biofabrication for tissue engineering applications
- Multipurpose 3D printing complemented with subtractive manufacturing
- Principal Investigator and co-Investigator in 12 European and 10 National Research Projects, (6 as Coordinator)
- Awarded a FET–OPEN grant (LiNaBioFluid) as the Coordinator
- Awarded a FET Innovation Launchpad grant (LaBioNics) as the Coordinator
- 5 Cover Pages in Advanced Functional Materials, Advanced Optical Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, Nanoscale, ChemNanoMat
- 1992, 1993, 1994, Greek National Scholarship Foundation Fellowship