Office Phone: (+30)2810 39 4276
Lab Phone: (+30)2810 39 4277
Full CV: Download
- Ph.D in Biochemistry, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, University of Essen, Germany
- 2019 - today, Associate Professor, Department of Materials Science and Technology, University of Crete, Greece
- 2010 - 2018, Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science and Technology, University of Crete, Greece
- 2007 - 2010, Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science and Technology of the University of Crete, Greece
- 2006 - 2008, post-doctoral fellow, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB), FORTH, Greece
- 2004 - 2006, post-doctoral associate at the University Medical School of Essen, Germany
- Tissue Engineering (bone, cartilage, dental, cardiovascular, skin)
- In vitro and in vivo biocompatibility evaluation of biomaterials, scaffolds and nanoparticles
- Investigation of the osteoinductive potential of implantable biomaterials and drugs
- Development of osteoinductive and osteoconductive biomaterials and scaffolds
- Investigation of the osteogenic potential of implantable biomaterials and drugs
- 3D printing technologies, bioprinting, electrospinning
- Functionalization of biomaterials with growth factors
- Development of protein immobilization techniques on biomaterials surfaces
- Adsorption and desorption studies of proteins on biomaterials surfaces
- Fellow in Biomaterials Science and Engineering (FBSE) awarded by the International Union of Societies for Biomaterials Science and Engineering (IUS-BSE, elected in 2020.
- International Fellow of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (FTERM, elected in 2023).
- European Orthopaedic Research Society (EORS) ambassador for Greece (elected in 2023).
- Chair of the 28th Annual Conference of the European Society for Biomaterials (ESB 2017) in Athens.
- Program Chair of the TERMIS-EU 2019 (Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society) Conference in Rhodes