Dr. Abdus Salam Sarkar is a Post Doctoral Research fellow in the Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser (IESL), Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH). He received his B.Sc degree in Physics (Honors) from University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India. He obtained his M.Sc in Physics from Department of Physics and Astrophysics, University of Delhi, Delhi, India. He received his Ph.D degree in Emerging two dimensional (2D) materials and their van der Waals heterostructures for electronic applications from School of Basic Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, India. He joined in Ultrafast Laser Micro- and Nano- Processing Laboratory of IESL in September 2018 as a member of the 2D materials research. His research focus on the preparation/synthesis of structural anisotropic 2D Group IVA-VI transitional metal monchalcogenides and other emerging novel 2D materials using exfoliation and laser-based techniques for fundamental sciences (Valley polarization and Polarized Second Harmonic Generation) and electronic device applications (Solar cells, FET and sensors).
- Sep 2018 –present Post-Doctoral Researcher (Physicist), Institute of Electronic Structures and Laser (IESL), Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH), Crete, Greece 70013
- Nov 2017 – July 2018 Researcher, School of Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, India.
- 2012 – 2017 PhD student, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, India.
- 2014 – 2017 Senior Research Fellowship from Ministry of Human Research Development, Govt. of India.
- 2012 – 2014 Junior Research Fellowship from Ministry of Human Research Development, Govt. of India.