Dr Sotiris Psilodimitrakopoulos is a post-doctoral researcher with specialty in polarization non-linear microscopy (P-NLM) in the ULMNP. He received his BSc in Physics from the University of Crete and his MSc in Microsystems and Nanodevices from the National Technical University of Athens. He then received his PhD in Photonics from the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) at the Universitat Politechnica de Catalunya in Barcelona Spain, while studying nonlinear optics. He then continued as a research engineer at the Super-resolution Light Microscopy & Nanoscopy Facility of ICFO and as a post-doctoral researcher at the Laboratory of Optics & Biosciences, at Ecole Polytechnique, Paris, France. His main scientific interest is the design and development of advanced non-linear microscopy techniques based on raster-scanning of fs laser beams. His latest implementation (October 2018) is the upgrade of a Zeiss Axio Observer, simple one-photon excited fluorescence microscope, into a fully-motorized, polarization-resolved, SHG, THG, 2PEF and 3PEF, dual-beam, dual-scanner, 6-detection channels, multi-photon microscope [1-4].
- 2012, PhD in Photonics – The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2005, MSc in Microsystems and Nanodevices – Faculty of Applied Mathematics & Physics, National Technical University of Athens, Greece.
- 2003, BSc in Physics – School of Sciences & engineering, Department of Physics, University of Crete, Greece.
- 2014 - Today, Postdoctoral Researcher, Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser, Foundation of Research and Technology Hellas, Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
- 2013 - 2014, Postdoctoral Researcher, CNRS, Laboratoire d' Optique et Biosciences, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau Cedex, France.
- 2011 - 2013, Research Engineer, Super-resolution Light Microscopy & Nanoscopy Facility, ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2005 - 2006, Research Associate, Institute of Computer Systems, Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece.
- Non-linear Optics.
- Development of novel measurements and instrumentation for linear and non-linear microscopy.
- Polarization-Resolved Second Harmonic Generation imaging.
- Third Harmonic Generation and Two-Photon Excited Fluorescence imaging.
- Electrical Dynamics and Synchronization in living neural networks
- Two-Dimensional Graphene Related Materials
- Structure and function of Collagen, Muscle, and Neurons in-vitro and in-vivo.
- Dual Scanners Microscopy and Nano-surgery.
- Super-Resolution Microscopy.
- 2017–2018, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Fellowship, “Advancing Young Researchers’ Human Capital in Cutting Edge Technologies in the Preservation of Cultural Heritage and the Tackling of Societal Challenges – ARCHERS”.
- 2007–2011, FPI Fellowship from the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture.
- 2005–2006, Research Fellowship, Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece.
- 2005, “Thomaidio Award” for the Best Interdisciplinary MSc Research Project of National Technical University of Athens, Greece.