Office Phone: (+30) 2810 39 4107
Lab Phone: (+30) 2810 39 4136
Fax: (+30) 2810 39 4106
Full CV: Download
Publications PDF: Download
- 1991, Ph.D. in Physics, Brown University, Providence (RI), USA
- 1987, M.Sc. in Physics, Brown University, Providence (RI), USA
- 1985, B.Sc. in Physics, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
- 2009 - today, Full Professor, Materials Science & Technology Department, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
- 2003 - 2009, Associate Professor, Materials Science & Technology Department, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
- 2001 - 2003, Senior Researcher, Microelectronics Research Group, FORTH - IESL, Heraklion, Greece
- 1994 - 2001, Research Engineer, Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique, Laboratory of Semiconductor Physics, Grenoble, France
- 1993 - 1994, Postdoctoral Researcher, Max-Planck-Institute, Ultrafast Spectroscopy Group, Stuttgart, Germany
- 1992 - 1993, Research Engineer, France-Telecom, Centre National d’Etudes des Télécommunications, Optical Interconnection Group, Lannion, France
- 1991 - 1992, Postdoctoral Researcher, Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique, Laboratory of Semiconductor Physics, Grenoble, France
- Quantum dot-based high temperature single-photon emitters and sources of entangled photons.
- Polariton lasing and condensates at room temperature.
- Next generation solar cells based on semiconductor nanowires.
- 2D materials for optoelectronic applications.
- 2014, Chaire d’Excellence LANEF, funded by the French government, for a project entitled “Nanowire Innovative Solar Cells”
- 2011, Solar Innovation 2010 Award, by the French Atomic Energy Commission for a proposal on “III-V Nanowires for Next Generation Photovoltaics”
- 1993, Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung fellowship,
- 1991, Bourse du Ministère des Affaires Etrangères