P. Kavatzikidou is a Postdoctoral Researcher at The Stratakis Lab, Ultrafast Laser Micro and Nano Processing Laboratory in the Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser (IESL) – Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), Heraklion, Crete, Greece. She received her PhD in Clinical Engineering, BBSRC Case Studentship, Faculty of Medicine, University of Liverpool, UK in collaboration with an SME, Giltech Ltd and an Orthopaedic company, Stryker in 2008. She has joined the ULMNP group in the summer of 2014 and her main research interests focus on development of polymeric scaffolds via soft lithography, correlation of physicochemical, topographical, degradation properties of the scaffolds with the cytotoxicity, cytocompability (adhesion, proliferation and differentiation) of various cell types.
- 2008, Ph.D. in Clinical Engineering, BBSRC Case Studentship, Faculty of Medicine, University of Liverpool, UK in collaboration with Giltech Ltd and Stryker.
- 2001, Master of Science (MSc) in Medical Engineering, Dept. of Clinical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, University of Liverpool, UK
- 2000, Bachelor (BEng) in Medical Engineering, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, University of Bradford, UK
- 06/2014 - Today, Postdoctoral Researcher (Second), The Stratakis Lab, Ultrafast Laser Micro and Nano Processing Laboratory, Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser, FORTH, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- 03/2008-05/2014, Postdoctoral Researcher (First), Lab of "Thin Films - Nanosystems & Nanometrology (LTFN)", Physics Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 02/2010-02/2014, Teaching/MSc Thesis Supervision in the Postgraduate Program on Nanosciences & Nanotechnologies (N&N), Dept of Physics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- 01/2006-12/2006, Teaching Activities: Teaching and Practical work during the PhD, Dept of Clinical Engineering in University of Liverpool, UK
- 04/2002-05/2004, Research Associate of Τeaching Company Scheme (TCS), Giltech Ltd, Ayr, Scotland and University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
- Fabrication of polymeric (biodegradable and synthetic) replicas from ultrashort laser irradiated metallic structures
- Evaluation of morphological and surface properties of the laser irradiated structures and their replicas
- In-vitro evaluation of biological properties of materials such as cytotoxicity, cell adhesion, focal adhesion points, proliferation and differentiation with biological assays in immortalized and primary cell lines and the use of microscopes (optical and f
- Evaluation of degradation properties of biodegradable polymeric materials.
- 07/2015, Best Conference Poster Award at the EU INFRASTRUCTURE project - QualityNano Conference and Training Workshop, 15th July – 17th July 2015, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- 07/2009, Young Researcher/Scientist Award for the best poster presentation in Poster in 6th International Conference on Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies (NN09), July 2009
- 2004, BBSRC Case Scholarship for the PhD course in the Clinical Engineering, University of Liverpool
- 2001, Scholarship for the MSc in the Clinical Engineering, University of Liverpool