Dr. Iliopoulos is an Associate Professor in the Dept. of Physics, University of Crete and an Associated Researcher of IESL-FORTH. He holds a Ph.D. (2002) from Boston University, Center for Photonics Research, USA. He has collaborated with a number of international companies (Lokheed-Martin Inc., EADS N.V., Aixtron SE, III-V Lab, EG&G Inc., BAE Inc., Astex Inc., Epion Inc.) and organizations (ARPA, ESA) in epitaxial growth of III-Nitride semiconductor heterostructures and nanostructures, in development of (opto)electronic devices based on them and in novel, QDs based, device concepts. He was a national representative and workgroup vice-chair in the European program COST-MP0805 “Novel gain materials and devices based on III-V-N compounds” and an elected member of the board of directors of the Hellenic “Micro&Nano” organization. He is a permanent member of the biannual EXMATEC workshop international steering committee and a management committee member of the “Crete Center for Quantum Complexity and Nanotechnology (CCQCN)”. He has authored or co-authored more than 80 publications in recognized international peer-reviewed journals with more than 1800 citations and an h-index of 25. He has been awarded as principal investigator/coordinator two international and one national research projects and has participated as co-investigator in numerous European ones.
- 2001, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering Boston University, Boston MA, U.S.A.
- 1996, M.Sc. in Physics, Northeastern University, Boston MA, U.S.A.
- 1994, B.Sc. in Physics, Physics Dpt, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- 11/2017 - today, Associate Professor Physics Dpt., University of Crete
- 01/2009 - 10/2017, Assistant Professor Physics Dpt., University of Crete
- 01/2009 - today, Collaborating faculty member, FORTH - IESL, Greece
- 09/2007 - 12/2008, Visiting Assistant Professor (PD407) Physics Dept., University of Crete
- 01/2007 - 12/2008, Microelectornics research gorup, FORTH - IESL, Greece
- 01/2004 - 12/2006, Postdoctoral Researcher, Physics Dept., University of Crete