The position concerns designing and optimization of metamaterial-based electronic circuit components. For that reason metamaterials with permittivity near zero, permeability near zero, impedance near zero or very large impedance need to be designed and combined properly with circuit components (such as waveguides, antennas and stubs), as to optimize the performance or to reduce the size of the components.
For the full announcement, follow the link "Related Documents"
Related ProjectNANOPOLY - Artificial permittivity and permeability engineering for future generation sub wavelength analogue integrated circuits and systems
- Bachelor in Materials Science
- Master in Materials Science
- Experience (at least 2 years) in the study of metamaterials or other photonic materials
- Knowledge of either CST or COSMOL commercial solvers
- Good knowledge of English
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications to the address (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to Associate Prof. Maria Kafesaki (email@example.com).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (form Greek or form English to the left)
- Brief CV
- Scanned copies of academic titles
- Certificate for enrollment in PhD program