Vassilis M. Papadakis is research associate at the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas. He is the founder and head of the Bio NDT lab.
His main research interests are on applied physics and in particular in imaging and spectroscopic applications. He is interested in the characterization of bio-materials, ranging from DNA, proteins, live cells, and tissues.
He has a strong experience on the development of imaging spectroscopy instrumentation, including multi- and hyper- spectral imaging systems, and on the application of a wide range of techniques, including reflection and absorption spectral imaging, Raman and FTIR spectroscopy, and cavity ring-down spectroscopy. He has worked in the analysis of materials from Medicine, Biology, Cultural Heritage, Aerospace and others.
- Ph.D at Department of Biology, School of Science and Technology, University of Crete, Greece
- Ph.D at Department of Ophthalmology, Vardinoyanion Eye Institute of Crete, School of Medicine, University Crete, Greece
- B.Sc. at Depatment of Physics with specialization in Microelectronics, University of Crete, Greece
- IMBB-FORTH, Post Doc (2014- today)
- IESL - FORTH, Post Doc (2002-2014)
- Spectral Imaging
- Biomedical Optics
- Computer Vision
- Image Proccessing