The Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser (IESL) of the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit two (2) post-doctoral fellows.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellows are expected to perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which FORTH-IESL excels both on the national and the international level (http://www.iesl.forth.gr/). More specifically, the domains of interest in the present project are the preservation of cultural heritage and the science and innovation in the areas of environment, clean energy and health.
Related ProjectARCHERS - Advancing Young Researchers’ Human Capital in Cutting Edge Technologies in the Preservation of Cultural Heritage
• PhD degree in Physical Sciences or Engineering
• Good knowledge of Greek and English language
• Publications in high impact peer-review journals
• Participation in national and international conferences
• Quality of the proposed post-doctoral project
• Ability and motivation to perform independent research
• Previous post-doctoral research experience
• According to international practice, the academic age (number of years after the Ph.D. degree award year) will be taken into consideration as a selection criterion; preference will be given to Post-Doctoral researchers with an academic age less or equal to 10 years.
• Filled-in Application Form (http://www.iesl.forth.gr/research/showfile.aspx?Id=201902181192)
• Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
• Statement of purpose with a proposed project in a specific sub-area of research and a relation to the
appropriate scientific contact person (maximum 2 pages)
• Copies of academic titles/transcripts
• Language certificates
• At least one reference letter sent by the supervisor/employer directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com