Study of the mechanical properties, microstructure and ionic conductivity of composite systems consisting of colloidal suspensions or gels with composite electrolytes of low molecular weight doped liquid poly(ethylene glycol). Experiments will include combined rheo-imaging, scattering and conductivity measurements.
Use of shear and flow history protocols to control and tune the microstructure and macroscopic properties of thixotropic, metastable colloidal gels. Interplay between thermodynamic phase equilibrium and metastability will be explored. Experiments will include combined rheo-imaging and scattering.
For the full announcement, follow the link "Related Documents"
- Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering
- Background in Experimental Soft Matter science
- Good knowledge of English
Programming skills (preferably Python, or Matlab or C++) (20%)
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications to the address (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to Prof. George Petekidis (email@example.com).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (Form Greek or Form English to the left)
- Brief CV
- Scanned copies of academic titles
- University department certificate for enrollment in a master’s program