The candidate will participate in the R&D activities of FORTH-IESL in the context of PERCEIVE project and will work on Hyperspectral imaging data acquisition, processing, and data management related aspects. The researcher will be, however, involved in the overall research activities of PERCEIVE Project, aiming at improving the perception, preservation, curation, exhibition, understanding and access of coloured Cultural Heritage Collections and developing a reliable way to Study, Reconstruct, Render, Remap, Exhibit and Re-appropriate them. Role and Responsibilities Responsibly carrying out activities related to the PERCEIVE collaborative research project. Namely:
- Research into VIS/NIR hyperspectral imaging data processing.
- Instrumental setup, data acquisition, processing, analysis, and interpretation.
- Design of PERCEIVE data model and PERCEIVE data repository.
- Optimisation of data workflows in the entire data life cycle from capturing, processing, analyzing (including semantics), interlinking data to assure the quality of services.
- Dissemination of achievements in international journals and conferences.
For the full announcement, follow the link "Related Documents"
- PhD in Physics, Maths or Computer Sciences or in Engineering, with a focus on imaging, spectroscopy, optics, optical sensing
- Proven skills in Software development for spectral data processing
- Proven previous experience with handling and practical implementation of imaging / spectroscopic systems (e.g. detectors, light sources, data acquisition and control, data analysis)
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience with cultural heritage studies (object analysis, campaigns)
- Previous post-doctoral research experience
- Relevant scientific publications
- Innovative, autonomous, well-organised and result-oriented thinking; Ability and motivation to perform independent research
- Prompt to cooperate with interdisciplinary and international teams
- Previous work in RTD projects
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications to the address (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to the Scientific Responsible, Prof. S. Sotiropoulou (email@example.com).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (Form Greek or Form English to the left)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Scanned Copies of academic titles