The researcher is expected to participate in competitive research focusing on developing analytical methodologies and instrumentation based on spectrochemical techniques (e.g. LIF, Raman, Fluorescence excitation-emission spectroscopy etc) targeted for applications in the field of heritage science diagnostics. This research will be conducted in the context of a highly cross-disciplinary project, IPERION-HS, aiming to establish a unique European Research Infrastructure for the restoration and conservation of Cultural Heritage. The project joins together major centers of research in Heritage Science, including outstanding research institutes, as well as prestigious research laboratories and conservation centers in museums and universities. In this context the researcher is expected to have the ability to interact fruitfully with collaborators both at home and within the IPERION HS network of laboratories.
For the full announcement, follow the link "Related Documents"
Related ProjectIPERION-HS - IPERION-HS, Integrating Platforms for the European Research Infrastructure ON Heritage Science
- PhD in Physical Sciences or Engineering
- Experience in analytical spectroscopy
- Experience in analytical instrumentation and methodology development
- Experience with studies of heritage objects/materials (object analysis, campaigns)
- Ability and motivation to perform independent research
- Relevant scientific publications
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications to the address (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to Prof. Demetrios Anglos (email@example.com).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (Form Greek or Form English to the left)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Scanned Copies of academic titles
- Reference letter(s), e-mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com