Development of optical fiber organic gas sensors using oxide films, for performing experimental and theoretical simulations within the EU project ACTPHAST 4R. The successful candidate must have documented experience in the fields of optical fiber gas sensors using microstructured optical fibers, knowledge on oxide films gas sensing, and relevant experience in surface engineering phenomena on transduction materials for optical fiber sensors. Experience in specific types of optical fiber sensors (lossy sensors), Matlab and LabView will be considered positively.
For the full announcement, follow the link "Related Documents"
- Microstructured Optical Fiber Gas Sensors
- Oxide film photonic sensors
- Surface and wettability techniques
- PhD in Engineering or Physics
- Bachelor in Engineering or Physics
- English language
- Three or more publications in Microstructured Optical Fiber Gas Sensors (15%)
- Lossy mode optical fiber devices (15%)
- LabView Matlab experience (10%)
- Participation in EU and National research project in Optical fiber sensors is an asset (10%)
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications to the address (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to the Scientific Coordinator Dr Stavros Pissadakis (email@example.com).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (Form Greek or Form English to the left)
- Brief CV
- Scanned copies of academic titles
- Up to two (2) reference letters, e-mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com