The position concerns designing and optimization of metamaterial-based electronic circuit components. For that reason metamaterials with permittivity near zero, permeability near zero, impedance near zero or very large impedance need to be designed and combined properly with circuit components. The candidate will be required to optimize related structures and meet performance goals at the design level. Good understanding of electronics as well as metamaterials is a prerequisite (see Required qualifications).
The position concerns analysis of electromagnetic wave interaction with complex media such as integrated circuit components. The aim is to guide the research activity and provide insight to tailor the characteristics towards enhancing the performance or reducing the size of the components or both.
Related ProjectNANOPOLY - Artificial permittivity and permeability engineering for future generation sub wavelength analogue integrated circuits and systems
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering (30%)
- PhD on subject relevant with the position (30%)
- Experience (at least 2 years) in the study of metamaterials (20%)
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering (10%)
- PhD in Physics (20%)
- Experience (at least 10 years) in the study of metamaterials (30%)
- E/M wave interaction with complex media (30%)
Knowledge of a solver for accurate solution of Maxwell equations in complex structures (e.g. CST, Comsol) (20%)
- Prior experience (>20 years) in international academic environments (5%)
- Prior experience in semiconductor related components (5%)
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than May 28, 2019, 23:59 local Greece time to the address (email@example.com), with cc to Prof. Maria Kafesaki (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (please download file, Form English or Form Greek on the left)
- Brief CV
- Scanned copies of academic titles