New deadline for application (ΔΙΔΑΔ/Φ.18.31/2361/οικ.22433)
The Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser (IESL) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project GIOTTO, (Call: H2020-NMBP-TR-IND-2018, Proposal number: 814410) funded under H2020-EU.2.1.3., H2020-EU.2.1.2., is seeking to recruit one (1) PhD candidate position.
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD candidate to be part of an EC Horizon 2020 collaborative research project that will develop novel medical devices for osteoporosis. The researcher will join an international multi- and interdisciplinary team and will work on the in vitro biological evaluation of materials and medical devices for bone regeneration. The ideal candidate will participate in validating the potential of medical devices to promote osteogenic or osteoclastogenic differentiation of established cell types in 3D mono- and co-cultures under dynamic conditions.
- BSc and Master in Biology (preferably) or related natural science and engineering (e.g. biomaterials science, biochemistry) (25%)
- Experience in methods on cell and molecular biology (40%)
- Experience in methods for biological evaluation of materials and medical devices (20%)
- Experience in bone biology and physiology (10%)
- Publications in quality peer-reviewed journals (5%)
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Completed application Form (Download link to the left)
- Brief CV
- Scanned copies of academic titles
- Reference letters (if required)
- All required forms and documents as layed out in each Job opening description
Please send your application and all documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc the Scientific supervisor marked in the left column