The Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser (IESL) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project PASIPHAE, (Call: ERC-2017-COG, Proposal number: 771282) funded under H2020-EU.1.1. - EXCELLENT SCIENCE - European Research Council (ERC), is seeking to recruit two PhD students.
Job 1 Description
Optopolarimetric observations and their applications in interstellar medium physics.
• Observing experience with optical polarimeters (60%)
• Scientific publications relevant to the topic in international scientific journals (40%)
Job 2 Description
Analysis of observations from Skinakas and other observatories focusing on narrow band imaging studies of supernova remnants and their polarization signatures.
• Observing experience with optical telescopes (30%)
• Experience in the analysis of narrow band imaging data and mosaics (40%)
• Machine learning techniques for the definition of diagnostic tools (30%)
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Completed application Form (Download link to the left)
- Brief CV
- Scanned copies of academic titles
- Letter of acceptance, from the University, in a PhD program
Please send your application and all documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc the Scientific supervisor marked in the left column