Areti is author and co-author of > 15 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers, matching > 585 citations (h-index is 10). Well versed in EU regulations and procedures, EC funded projects, managing R&D projects, participated in several FP7 projects and WP leader in two H2020 projects. She has been the recipient of several scholarships and awards; recently selected to serve as evaluator for proposals by European Commission and awarded with a Post-doctoral 'Stavros Niarchos Foundation - FORTH Fellowship' within the project ARCHERS.
- 2013, Ph.D. in Laser Physics, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of St. Andrews, Scotland, UK.
- 2009, M.Sc. in Microelectronics & Optoelectronics, Dept. of Physics, University of Crete, Greece.
- 2007, B.Sc. in Physics, Dept. of Physics, University of Crete, Greece.
- 07/2018 – today, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser, Foundation of Research and Technology-Hellas, (Heraklion, Greece).
- 10/2018 – 12/18, Temporary Postdoctoral Research Associate in Science Program, Texas A&M University at Qatar -TAMUQ (Doha, Qatar)
- 12/14 – 06/18, Research & Development (R&D) Scientist in Nanoscribe GmbH (Karlsruhe, Germany)
- 12/13 – 11/14, Postdoctoral Researcher, Marie Curie Fellow & Laser Development Engineer at Amplitude Systèmes (Bordeaux, France)
- 12/12 – 11/13, Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of St. Andrews (Scotland, UK)
- Novel ultrafast laser micro/nano processing techniques
- Optoelectronics Engineering, Laser methods for biomolecules patterning and materials processing
- Light – Matter Interaction, 3D Printing
- Laser beam shaping / Adaptive Optics
- Non-linear lithography / Laser-based nanofabrication
- 2021 - Vice chair @Marie Curie Alumni Association (MCAA) Greek Chapter
- 2021 - Women in Optics Planner | SPIE | https://spie.org/about-spie/advocacy/women-in-optics/women-in-optics-planner/2021-wio-planner/areti-mourka
- 2019 - Modular photo-induced non-linear additive manufacturing series - ‘MINOAS’ project | SNF-ARCHERS-IESL | https://archers.iesl.forth.gr/areti-mourka/
- 2019 - Best poster presentation | 12th FORTH Retreat (14th – 16th October 2019)
- 2019 - A travel grant was awarded from Marie Curie Alumni Association - MCAA for Areti's participation in the Forces and Forms of Doctoral Education 2019 conference in Hannover, Germany, 5th – 6th September 2019.
- 2019 - Areti was selected to serve as an evaluator by the European Commission
- 2018 - Visiting lecturer at the Department of Electronic Engineering of the Technological Educational Institute of Crete, in the context of the national program ‘Acquisition of Academic teaching experience in Young Scientists 2018-2019’
- 2013 - SUPA (Scottish Universities Physics Alliance) Graduate School Management Committee has supported Areti as an Early Career Researcher
- 2013 - Selected as a chairperson of the session on Laser Beam shaping at the Photonics 4 Life Network, 2nd Fast-Dot Summer School ‘Photonics meets Biology’, Heraklion, Greece, 30th September – 3rd October 2013.
- 2013 - Best student poster presentation award at the Photonics 4 Life Network, 2nd Fast-Dot Summer School ‘Photonics meets Biology’, Heraklion, Greece, 30th September – 3rd October 2013 (100€ prize funded by Nature Photonics journal).
- 2011 - Photonics 4 Life Network, 1st Fast-Dot Summer School ‘Photonics meets Biology’, Heraklion, Greece, 15th - 18th September 2011. A scholarship was awarded from the organization committee to cover the cost of Areti's participation.
- 2009-2013 PhD funding from UK EPSRC (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council)
- 2007-2009 Microelectronics – Optoelectronics M. Sc. Graduate Program, EPEAEK, National Scholarship Foundation
- 2006-2007 Student Award, State Scholarships Foundation (IKY)
- Functional surface treatments using ultra-short pulse laser system - FemtoSurf | H2020-ICT | https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/825512
- High-Power Ultrafast LaSErs using Tapered Double-Clad Fibre - PULSE | H2020-ICT | https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/824996
- Modular photo-induced non-linear additive manufacturing series - MINOAS | SNF-ARCHERS-IESL 2019
- PRINTOPTICS - Federal Ministry of Education and Research - BMBF (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung) 2017
- PHOIBOS - Federal Ministry of Education and Research - BMBF (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung) 2015
- Two Photon Absorbers for Biomedical Applications - TOPBIO | FP7-PEOPLE-2010-ITN | https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/264362