Office Phone: (+30) 2810 39 4227
Prof Makris works on Methods and analogies related to condensed matter physics and photonics, with emphasis in four different areas: nonlinear optics in lattices, non-hermitian photonics and parity-time (PT)-symmetry, nanophotonics, and semiclassical laser physics for complex structures.
- 2008, PhD in Theoretical Photonics, School of Optics and Photonics, University of Central Florida, Orlando (USA)
- 2002, B.Sc. National tecnhical University of Athens, Athens, Greece
- 2015 - , Assistant Professor, Physics Dpt, Univ of Crete, Greece
- 2012 - 2015, Marie Curie International Outgoing fellow (MC-IOF) between Princeton University, USA and TU-Wien, Austria.
- 2011, Lecturer, Institute for Theoretical Physics of Vienna University of Technology (TU-Wien), Austria
- 2008 - 2010, Postdoctoral Researcher, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland