Office Phone: (+30) 2810 391384
Fax: (+30) 2810 391305
Publications PDF: Download
- 1965: Ph.D. Nuclear Science, University of Michigan, USA
- 1963: M. Sc. Physics, University of Michigan, USA
- 1962: M.S.E. Nuclear Engineering University of Michigan, U.S.A
- 1958: Diploma E.E. and M.E., National Technical University, Greece
- 2003-today: Distinguished Fellow, Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser-FORTH, Greece
- 2003-today: Professor Emeritus, Physics Department, University of Crete, Greece
- 1993-2000: Director, Theory Division, Max-Planck Institut fuer Quantenoptik, Germany
- 1988 - 1991: Department Chairman, University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- 1983-1997: Director, Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser-FORTH, Greece
- 1982-2003: Professor, Physics Department, University of Crete, Greece
- 1980 - 1982: Department Co-Chair, University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- 1979 - 1981: Professor, University of Patras, Greece
- 1978-1993: Professor, University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- 1975 - 1978: Associate Professor, University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- 1975 - 1978: Assistant to Associate Professor, University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- 1972 - 1973: Visiting Fellow, Joint Institute for Laboratory Astrophysics, University of Colorado, U.S.A.
- 1967 - 1972: Assistant Physicist, Argonne National Laboratory Illinois, U.S.A.
- 1965 - 1967: Senior Physicist, Bendix Research Laboratory Southfield, Michigan, U.S.A.
- 1964 - 1965: Research Associate, Radiation Laboratory, University of Michigan, U.S.A.
- 1961 - 1964: Research Assistant, University of Michigan, U.S.A.
- Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics, Quantum Technologies
- Fellow of the American Physical Society and European Physical Society
- Xanthopoulos-Pneumatikos Prize for Excellence in University Teaching, 2003
- Distinguished Fellow of FORTH, 2003
- Chair of Gordon Research Conference on Multiphoton Processes, 1990
- Raubenheimer Prize of Excellence in Research, Teaching and Administration, University of Southern California, 1989
- Alexander von Humboldt Senior Scientist Award, 1986
- Co-Chairman of ICOMP (Intrenational Conference on Multiphoton Processes), 1977, 1984, 1996, 2002
- Member of the NATO Science Council, 1984-86
- Member of the Editorial Board of Zeitschrift fuer Physik D, 1984-91
- Member of the Round Table on Synchrotrons of the Large Installations Program of the EEC, 1991 - 93
- Member of the Board of Associate Editors of The European Physical Journal D, 1991-97
- Chairman of the Greek National Research Council, 1994 - 97
- Chairman of the European Group on Atomic Systems (EGAS) of EPS, 1999 - 2005
- Series Co-Editor of Springer Verlag Series of Books on Atoms and Plasmas
- Member and/or Co-Chairman of Organizing Committees of International Conferences such as International Conferences on Multiphoton Processes, European Conference on Atomic and Molecular Physics, NATO Advanced Study Workshop, etc
- Member at various times (since 1984) of Ad Hoc Committees on Scientific Policy and Funding of the EEC
- Recipient continuously since 1974 of National Science Foundation (USA) Grants
- Member of the Advisory Editorial Board of Physical Review A, 1978-80
- Member of the Panel on Atomic and Molecular Theory of the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, 1985-88
- Member of special NSF panel for the evaluation of proposals for Science Centers in AMO Physics, 1987-88.
- Member of the Program Committee of the Division of Atomic-Molecular-Optical Physics of the American Physical Society, 1990-1993.
- Recipient continuously since 1986 of Department of Energy (USA) Grants
- Reviewer for Physical Review & Physical Review Letters, J. of Physics (U.K.) Journal of Chemical Physics, Chemical Physics Letters, Journal of Optical Society (U.S.A.), National Science Foundation, Research Corporation (U.S.A.), National Research Council (Canada)
- Reviewer of Proposals for NSF, DOE, Research Corporations, NATO, EEC
- Ph.D. thesis advisor or postdoctoral research advisor to about 50 students at the University of Southern California, the University of Crete and the Max-Planck-Institut für Quantum Optics, Garching
Topics on multiphoton processes in atoms
Advances in Atomic and Molecular Physics, Volume:12, Page:87, Year:1976, DOI:doi.org/10.1016/S0065-2199(08)60043-3
Autoionizing states in strong laser fields
P Lambropoulos, P Zoller
Phys. Rev. A, Volume:24, Issue:1, Page:379, Year:1981, DOI:doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.24.379
Plateau in above threshold ionization spectra
GG Paulus, W Nicklich, H Xu, P Lambropoulos, H Walther
Physical. Rec. Lett., Volume:72, Issue:18, Page:2851, Year:1994, DOI:doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.72.2851
Fundamental quantum optics in structured reservoirs
P. Lambropoulos, G. M. Nikolopoulos, T. R. Nielsen, S. Bay
Rep. Prog. Phys. , Volume:63, Page:455, Year:2000, DOI:doi.org/10.1088/0034-4885/63/4/201
Mechanisms for multiple ionization of atoms by strong pulsed lasers
Phys. Rev. Lett., Volume:50, Issue:20, Page:2141, Year:1985, DOI:doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.55.2141
Electron wavepacket propagation and entanglement in a chain of coupled quantum dots
G. M. Nikolopoulos, D. Petrosyan, P. Lambropoulos
J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, Volume:16, Page:4991, Year:2004, DOI:doi.org/10.1088/0953-8984/16/28/019
Strong-field extreme-ultraviolet dressing of atomic double excitation
Christian Ott, Lennart Aufleger, Thomas Ding, Marc Rebholz, Alexander Magunia, Maximilian Hartmann, Veit Stooß, David Wachs, Paul Birk, Gergana D Borisova, Kristina Meyer, Patrick Rupprecht, Carina da Costa Castanheira, Robert Moshammer, Andrew R Attar, Thomas Gaumnitz, Zhi-Heng Loh, Stefan Düsterer, Rolf Treusch, Joachim Ullrich, Yuhai Jiang, Michael Meyer, Peter Lambropoulos, Thomas Pfeifer
Phys. Rev. Lett., Volume:123, Issue:16, Page:163201, Year:2019, DOI:doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.123.163201
Photon-assisted quantum state transfer and entanglement generation in spin chains
A. Gratsea, G. M. Nikolopoulos, P. Lambropoulos
Phys. Rev. A, Volume:98, Page:012304, Year:2018, DOI:doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.98.012304