Dr. George Deligeorgis earned his PhD in 2008 working on GaAs based Semiconductor laser diodes for telecommunication applications. Following his PhD, carbon-based devices (Graphene and CNTs) became his principal research interest. He stayed in LAAS-CNRS (Laboratory for analysis and architecture of Systems, National Center of Scientific Research), in France between 2010-2014 where he continued his activity in the same subject. He has recently (2015) accepted an Associate Researcher position in FORTH – IESL, Greece to work on high frequency carbon based devices.
Dr. Deligeorgis has worked on numerous projects in design and fabrication of compound semiconductor devices in the field of photonics and high frequency electronics (MMIC) for the last decade. He was involved in several National and European funded projects in the fields of photonics, RF device fabrication and polaritonic devices. He is currently leading the nanofabrication activity in the microelectornics research group, while working on nonlinear graphene based RF devices and polariton optoelectronics devices combining his knowledge in physics and nanotechnology. He has published more than 60 articles in peer-reviewed journals and has several invited and contributed talks. Finally, Dr. Deligeorgis is a founding member of the “Graphene Center, Greece”, member of the Steering board of Micro & Nano nanotechnology company, a member of several associations (IEEE e.t.c) and a reviewer in several international journals
- 2008 Ph.D., in Physics; Physics Dpt, University of Crete, Greece
- 2002 M.Sc. in Microelectornics / Optoelectronics, Physics; Physics Dpt, University of Crete, Greece
- 2000 B.Sc., in Physics; Dept. of Physics, University of Athens, Greece
- 09/2015 – today, Associate Researcher (Grade C; tenure-track), FORTH- IESL, Greece
- 04/2014 – 08/2015, Research Associate, FORTH- IESL, Greece
- 04/2011 – 03/2014, Researcher (contractual), Laboratoire d'Architecture et des systemes (LAAS), CNRS, France
- 04/2010 – 03/2011 PostDoctoral Fellow, Laboratoire d'Architecture et des systemes (LAAS), CNRS, FR
- 07/2008 – 11/2009 Postdoctoral Fellow; Foundation for Research and Tecnhology Hellas, GR
- Nano electronics fabrication
- Nano photonics
- 2D materials
- High frequency electronics
I am currently head of the nanofabrication facility and the High frequency measuring station of the Microelectornics lab.