We are seeking one Scientist (Physics, Maths, Computer Sciences) or Engineer, MSc holder or higher, in spectral imaging, data acquisition and processing, with background in RTD projects. The candidate will participate in the R&D activities of FORTH-IESL in the context of PERCEIVE project “Perceptive Enhanced Realities of Colored collEctions through artificial Intelligence and Virtual Experiences” funded under HORIZON-CL2-2021-HERITAGE-01-04, and will work on Hyperspectral imaging data acquisition and processing related aspects.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibly carrying out activities related to the PERCEIVE collaborative research project. Namely:
- Research into VIS/NIR hyperspectral imaging data processing.
- Instrumental setup, data acquisition, processing, analysis and interpretation.
- Design and management of a digital services platform.
- Optimisation of data workflows in the entire data life cycle from capturing, processing, analyzing (including semantics), interlinking data to assure the quality of services.
- Dissemination of achievements in international journals and conferences.
In parallel, to be involved in research and service activities related to the application of Hyperspectral imaging to the documentation and characterization of artworks and archaeological objects.
- M.Sc. (or higher) in Physics, Maths or Computer Sciences or in Engineering, with a focus on imaging, spectroscopy, optics, optical sensing. PhD or willingness to do a PhD is a plus
- Good understanding of spectroscopy and photonic principles
- Previous experience with handling and practical implementation of imaging / spectroscopic systems (e.g. detectors, light sources, data acquisition and control, data analysis)
- Software development for spectral data processing
- Skills in optics / optomechanics / optoelectronics design and implementation are a plus
- Previous work in RTD projects
- Innovative, autonomous, well-organised and result-oriented thinking
- Keen on bringing scientific findings into application, creating tangible innovation.
- Prompt to cooperate with interdisciplinary and international teams.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
Prospective candidates should send their expression of interest and their CV via email to Dr. Sophia Sotiropoulou (firstname.lastname@example.org)