Opening for a Post-doctoral Fellow position with experimental specialisation in the “Science and Technology of Optical Fiber Sensors” and strong background in Optical Materials, with PhD degree in Physics, Engineering or Material Science. The successful applicant will be appointed in the project ΤΑΕΔΚ-06170 “Photonic sensors in ophthalmic sutures-PHAETHON”, in the Photonic Materials and Devices Laboratory (PMDL), of the Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser (IESL), Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH). PMDL link: https://pmdl.iesl.forth.gr/
- Bachelor degree in Physics, Engineering or Material Science.
- PhD degree in Physics, Engineering or Material Science
- Experimental experience and publication track record in Optical Fiber Sensors/Devices
- Experimental experience in Polymer Science
- Experimental background in Optics
- Fluent in English language
- Experimental experience and publication track record in Whispering Gallery Mode systems
- Experimental experience and publication track record in Bragg gratings
- Experience in Optical Fiber modal simulations
- Experience in biosensing optical devices
The applicant must submit:
- Short application
- Detailed CV, including the names of minimum two academic referees
- Copies of degrees and qualifications
Applicants must submit their applications, including all relevant documents at the email address email@example.com, cc to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org of the project coordinator Dr Stavros Pissadakis. Applications must clealry refer the title of the position announced and the project code.