English Recent advances in the generation of electromagnetic radiation with novel properties such as super bunching have opened the route to the exploration of a hitherto unknown territory. As a starting point, we will treat the behavior of a two-level system driven strongly by super bunched radiation, one example of which is provided by squeezed radiation. The populations of the two states can obtained for different types of radiation, such as coherent, chaotic (bunched) and super bunched. Based on our previous work, counter-intuitive behavior is expected and obtained, as for example, the reversal of the photon statistics enhancement, known to exist for weakly driven transitions. The theoretical approach is based on a generalized form of the master equation, known as the positive P representation. When the driving field is sufficiently strong, nonlinear effects are expected to come into play, adding complications to the problem at hand, that is yet to be discovered in detail.
For the full announcement, follow the link "Related Documents"
- BSc in Physical Sciences (40%)
- MSc in relative field (30%)
- Programming skills (20%)
- Good knowledge of English language (10%)
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Completed application Form (Download link to the left)
- Brief CV
- Scanned copies of academic titles
- University department certificate for enrollment in a PhD program
- All required forms and documents as layed out in each Job opening description
Please send your application and all documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc the Scientific supervisor marked in the left column