DOMINION provides an intimate engagement of syntheses and characterisation for a wide range of layered iron-based chalcogenide compounds. The challenges set out here will be tackled through a cross-disciplinary, collaborative initiative between European (Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas, Greece & Warsaw University of Technology, Poland) and US DOE scientists (Brookhaven National Lab, NY & National High Magnetic Field Lab, FL). A comprehensive range of research activities, engaging young researchers (PhD and post-doc levels) with senior scientists, is organized to facilitate a resource-sharing culture and tackle open questions.
The successful post-doctoral candidate will focus on the fundamental physics and chemistry of inter-atomic interactions of solid-state iron-chalcogenide magnets and superconductors, made up of functional molecular components with nanoscale dimensions. For this, user-facility photon and neutron science US DOE labs, with their advanced analytical instrumentation, optimized for high -flux/ -resolution/ -data throughput, unavailable anywhere else in the world, will be utilized to generate key insights on how (structural and electronic / magnetic) correlations at the atomic level of matter are built and influence the superconducting electrons to pair-up.
• The post-doctoral researcher should be able and willing to travel to conduct experiments at DOE facilities in the USA.
• PhD degree in Physical Sciences
• Demonstrated ability in quantitative structural analysis methods (e.g. Rietveld, pair distribution function)
• Proved experience in analytical experimental techniques, including, magnetometry and X-ray diffraction
• Excellent knowledge of the English language
In order to be considered, the application must include:
• Application Form (please download file from the link to the left)
• A cover letter describing your research interests
• CV and publications list
• Two (2) reference letters, e-mailed directly to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Scanned copies of the ready available academic titles
Applications will be reviewed till the position is filled