We investigate applications of nonlinear lithography in nanophotonics, plasmonics, and metamaterials.
Our main focus is the development, fabrication and characterization of 2D and 3D structures and devices using novel, photostructurable materials. These are hybrid materials with superior structuring properties, gain materials and nonlinear optical materials and materials with metal binding affinity. Our current research projects include
- the fabrication and characterization of 3D photonic crystal structures using organic-inorganic hybrid materials, including nonlinear optical materials and materials with metal binding affinity.
- The fabrication of plasmonic waveguides and structures with two-photon polymerization and nanoimprint lithography, using hybrid, nonlinear and gain materials.
These structures and devices find applications in nanophotonics, plasmonics and metamaterials.
- Materials Processing: Two-photon fabrication
M. Farsari, B.N. Chichkov, Nature Photonics, 3, 450, 2009
- Shrinkage of microstructures produced by two-photon polymerization of Zr-based hybrid photosensitive materials
A. Ovsianikov, X. Shizhou, M. Farsari, M. Vamvakaki, C. Fotakis, and B. N. Chichkov, Optics Express, 17, 2143, 2009
- Fabrication of three-dimensional photonic crystal structures containing an active nonlinear optical chromophore
M. Farsari, A. Ovsianikov, M. Vamvakaki, I. Sakellari, D. Gray, B.N. Chichkov, and C. Fotakis, Applied Physics A, 93, 11, 2008
- Two-photon polymerization of hybrid sol-gel materials for photonics applications
A. Ovsianikov, A. Gaidukeviciute, B.N. Chichkov, M. Oubaha, B.D. MacCraith, I. Sakellari, A. Giakoumaki, D. Gray, M. Vamvakaki, M. Farsari, and C. Fotakis, Laser Chemistry, 2008, 493059, 2008
- Ultra-low shrinkage hybrid photosensitive material for two-photon polymerization microfabrication
A. Ovsianikov, J. Viertl, B. Chichkov, M. Oubaha, B. MacCraith, I. Sakellari, A. Giakoumaki, D. Gray, M. Vamvakaki, M. Farsari, and C. Fotakis, ACS Nano, 2, 2257, 2008
- Two-photon polymerization of an Eosin Y-sensitized acrylate composite
M. Farsari, G. Filippidis, K. Sambani, T. S. Drakakis, and C. Fotakis, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, 181, 132, 2006
- Fabrication of three-dimensional structures by three-photon polymerization
M. Farsari, G. Filippidis, and C. Fotakis, Optics Letters, 30, 3180, 2005
Dr. Maria Farsari
Prof. Costas Fotakis
Prof. Maria Vamvakaki
Dr. David Gray