The researcher is expected to perform research on
a) optical and digital interferometry laboratory setups,
b) development and optimization of experimental holographic interferometry methods,
c) design of experimental methodology,
d) analysis, post-processing and interpretation of holographic interferometry data, with emphasis on applications relevant to cultural heritage diagnostics.
This research will be conducted in the context of a highly cross-disciplinary project, IPERION-CH, aiming to establish a unique European Research Infrastructure for the restoration and conservation of Cultural Heritage. The project joins together major centers of research in Heritage Science, including outstanding research institutes, as well as prestigious research laboratories and conservation centers in museums and universities.
• PhD or MSc in Physical sciences, Engineering, Photonics or relevant fields
• Experience in diagnostic instrumentation and methodology development
• Experience in experimental measurements especially in holography and holographic interferometry
data acquisition and analysis
• Strong background and experience in experimental optics, optical design, instrumentation
development/testing, methodology and protocol development
• Knowledge of scientific data handling and post-processing
• Ability and motivation to perform independent, original research in an interdisciplinary context
• Experience on cultural heritage studies
• Competence in English (written and spoken)
• Publication record
Institute/Location: IESL-FORTH, Heraklion, Crete, Greece (www.iesl.forth.gr)
Start Date: (earliest) March 1st, 2016
Duration of appointment: 12 months (with possibility of extension to 18 months)
Approx. salary: € 11000-14000 (per annum after tax and social security deduction) depending on qualifications and FORTH salary/fellowship regulations.
Submission of application
Interested candidates, who fulfill the above requirements, are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than the 17th of February 2016, 23:59 local time (Greece)
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with cc to Dr Vivi Tornari (email@example.com
The application package must include the following:
· Application Form (please download form at the end of this page)
· Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
· Motivation letter by the candidate
· Copies (in pdf format) of academic titles/transcripts
· At least two (2) recommendation letters.
Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For information and inquiries regarding the application and selection procedures please contact the HR unit at IESL-FORTH (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +30 2810-391301).
For information on the research activities of the group or the institute, candidates are asked to contact Dr Vivi Tornari (email@example.com
For more please visit our webpages at: