The purpose of the project is the investigation of the structure and dynamics of thin films based on organic (polymer) materials aiming especially at the influence of the structure/dynamics on carrier mobility related to organic photovoltaic applications. Moreover, the post-doctoral researcher will be involved in studying the self-assembled structures of smart materials with applications in energy.
· Bachelor in Physics / Materials Science / Chemistry / Chemical Engineering
· Postgraduate Degree and PhD in a relevant field (Physics / Material Science / Chemistry / Chemical Engineering)
· Experience in the investigation thin polymer films, polymer wetting, organic photovoltaics
· Experience in the use of experimental techniques for studying polymer surfaces/interfaces and thin films
· Excellent knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing)
· Scientific Publications and presentations in conferences
· Participation in executing funded research projects and experience in writing project reports
Location: IESL – FORTH, Vasilika Vouton – Heraklion Crete
Start Date: 1/1/2015
Contract Duration: 9 Months
Budget: 19800 euro
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 30th of November 2014 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with cc to the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Spiros H. Anastasiadis (email@example.com).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (please download file from the job announcement webpage http://www.iesl.forth.gr/research/position.aspx?Id=618)
· Brief CV
· Scanned copies of academic titles
· Reference letters, work experience credentials that prove the desired qualifications or any other documents that will support the candidacy
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
, tel. 2810-391301
For information and questions about the advertised position and the research activity of the group or the institute, candidates are asked to contact the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Spiros H. Anastasiadis (email@example.com), tel. 2810-391466, 391300
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix (click “Download Related Documents). If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within six (6) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL