The researchers are expected to perform high level, competitive research on the:
A) Investigation of the diagnostic capabilities of advanced optical techniques such as Spectral Imaging, Laser Induced Fluorescence (LIF) and Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) in the recognition of the operational state of polymer-based power line insulators and
B) Development of a remote and real time diagnostic technique for the evaluation of the performance of these insulators.
· BSc/Diploma in Physical Sciences (Physics, Chemistry) or Engineering
· PhD in a relevant field (Physics, Chemistry, Engineering)
· High level of knowledge and experience in:
- Experimental optical and laser techniques for materials analysis
- Diagnostics of laser interactions with materials with emphasis on molecular substrates / polymers.
· Research experience in the following is important: Optical Imaging, Laser Spectroscopies (LIBS, LIF).
· Knowledge and experience with using, developing or adaptinghardware/software tools related to the objective of this research
· Strong motivation for conducting frontier level scientific research
· A strong publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presentations in international conferences will be taken into account
· Previous post-doctoral research experience
· Excellent knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing).
Location: Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Start Date: 1st October 2014
Contract Duration: up to 9 months (with possibility of extension to 12 months).
Submission of Application
Interested candidates are required to submit their applications no later than 25 August 2014 by e-mail to email@example.com), with cc to the Scientific Coordinator of the project, Prof. Demetrios Anglos (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application package must include the following:
· Application Form (please download file at the end of the page)
· Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
· Copies of academic titles
· Two reference letters. The applicant should arrange that these letters be sent to IESL-FORTH (email@example.com
, firstname.lastname@example.org) directly by their scientific supervisor/ employer.
Any application received after the above deadline will not be considered.
For inquiries on the application selection procedure please contact the recruiting coordinator (email@example.com) tel. +30-2810-391353 and +30-2810-391301.
For information on the research activity, please contact the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Demetrios Anglos (firstname.lastname@example.org) tel. +30-2810-391154.
Applications submitted by the above deadline and with all requested documentation will be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidate that best suits the position and project requirements based on Academic criteria (see Appendix). If necessary the scientific committee will invite candidates for an interview on a mutually agreed date and time.
The evaluation results will be posted on the IESL-FORTH web site and on the website of DIAYGEIA (diavgeia.gov.gr), following a period for appeals (5 working days), the scientific committee will make the final selection.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL