The Postdoctoral researcher is expected to perform high level, competitive research on the use/application of laser spectroscopic techniques and portable instruments for the in-situ analysis of materials on archaeological, historic, museum objects and monuments.
· BSc/Diploma in Natural Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Geology), Engineering, Conservation Science
· PhD (in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Geology, Engineering, Conservation Science) with content relevant to the project objective
· High level of knowledge and experience in:
- Materials analysis (with emphasis on the characterisation of pigments).
· Previous post-doctoral research experience
· Research experience in the following is important:
Laser spectroscopies (LIBS, Raman, LIF), imaging techniques.
· Strong motivation for frontier level scientific research
· A strong publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presentations in international conferences will be taken into account
· Excellent knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing).
Location: Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Start Date: 1 October 2014
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Interested candidates are asked to submit applications no later than the 25th of August 2014 by email to email@example.com with cc to the Scientific Coordinator of the project, Prof. Demetrios Anglos (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application package must include the following:
· Application Form (please download file at the end of the page and mention the Ref. Code)
· Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
· Copies of academic titles
Any application received after the above deadline will not be considered.
For inquiries on the application selection procedure: email@example.com tel. 2810-391301, 2810-391353.
For information on the research activity: Dr Demetrios Anglos (firstname.lastname@example.org) tel. 2810-391154.
Applications submitted by the above deadline and with all requested documentation will be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidate that best suits the position and project requirements based on academic criteria (see Appendix). If necessary the scientific committee will invite candidates for an interview on a mutually agreed date and time.
The evaluation results will be posted on the IESL-FORTH web site and, following a period for appeals (5 working days), the scientific committee will make the final selection.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL