“Ultrafast processes in novel solids with strong electronic correlations”
The purpose of the project is the study of ultrafast phenomena in novel solid state materials of reduced dimensions and strong interactions. The study will be focused on nanostructures of crystalline materials such as metals and metallic oxides which combine electronic and magnetic interactions that define their macroscopic electronic, magnetic and optical properties. The emergence, modification and control of the properties of these materials and their dependence from the environment, the size and the shape of the dielectric and quantum confinement in small (nano-) scales will be studied with the use of high power laser pulses of ultrashort pulse duration and by developing and utilizing complex optical arrangements for time-resolved laser spectroscopy based on the application and the combination of linear and non-linear optical techniques.
· Bachelor in Natural Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Applied Mathematics) or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Chemical Engineering
· Postgraduate Degree in a relevant field (Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
Additional desired Qualifications that will be taken into consideration
· Prior research experience (e.g. undergraduate project(s) in related field, other research projects and activities,
· Experience on spectroscopic techniques (laser spectroscopy, XRD, SEM. TEM, UV-VIS absorption spectroscopy)
· Good knowledge of P/C and programming in Labview, FORTRAN, C, etc.
· Good knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing)
· Scientific Publications and presentations in conferences
Location: Vasilika Vouton – Heraklion Crete
Start Date: 01/10/2014
Project Duration: 8 months with the option for extension
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 31/08/2014 by email to email@example.com, with cc to the Scientific Coordinator of the project, Dr. P. A. Loukakos (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
· Application Form (please download file at the end of the webpage and mention the Ref. Code)
· Brief CV
· Motivation Letter
· Scanned copies of academic titles
· Work experience credentials / reference letters, that prove the desired qualifications or any other documents that will support the candidacy
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact the recruiting coordinator (email@example.com) tel. +30 2810-391353 and +30 2810-391301
For information and questions about the advertised position and the research activity of the group or the institute, candidates are asked to contact the Scientific Coordinator, Dr. P.A. Loukakos. (firstname.lastname@example.org) tel. +30 2810-391382
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix in the end of the present announcement. If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within seven (7) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL
SPIROS H. ANASTASIADIS