The purpose of the project is the isolation and characterization of Neural Stem cells and mature neurons, trophic support for targeted differentiation of Neural Stem Cells and it requires the implementation of protocols for isolating and characterizing specific neuronal precursors, as well as the identification of the cellular and molecular mechanisms that are induced in Neural Stem Cells proliferation and differentiation or mature neurons survival, after their treatment with Neurosteroids or Neurotrophic factors
· Ph.D. from an acknowledged Greek or International institute in the field of Molecular and/or Cellular Neuroscience
· Previous experience with in vivo mouse models and rodent behavioural testing or cell culturing, cellular and biochemical techniques or imaging techniques (e.g. confocal/ electron microscopy)
· Masters in a related field, e.g. Life sciences, Neuroscience
· Scientific publications
· Command of the English language
Successful candidates must be highly motivated, have passion for research and be able to work in an interdisciplinary environment
Location: Vasilika Vouton – Heraklion Crete
Start Date: 01/07/2014
Project Duration: 12 Months, with the option for extension
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 13/06/2014 by email to (email@example.com)
In order to be considered, the application must include:
· Application Form (please download file from end of the webpage)
· Brief CV
· Scanned copies of academic titles
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix in the end of the present announcement. If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within seven (7) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL
SPIROS H. ANASTASIADIS