The successful candidate will work on the theory of laser-materials interaction.
· PhD in Natural Sciences
· Experience in theoretical investigation of photo-physical events during laser irradiation of semiconductor, metal, dielectric materials and the induced morphological changes (i.e. role of elasto-plastic effects and hydrodynamic effects
· Experience in simulating laser-matter interactions through development of novel computer algorithms (i.e. solution of coupled heat transfer and Navier-stokes equations by the employment of finite element methods, finite difference, finite difference time domain algorithms)
· Scientific publications in international scientific journals
Location: Vasilika Vouton – Heraklion Crete
Start Date: 01/07/2014
Project Duration: 12 Months, with the option for extension
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 12/06/2014 by email to (email@example.com)
In order to be considered, the application must include:
· Application Form (please download file from end of the webpage)
· Brief CV
· Scanned copies of academic titles
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix in the end of the present announcement. If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within seven (7) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL
SPIROS H. ANASTASIADIS