The role of the post-doctoral researcher in the project is to design, clone, express, purify and structurally characterize recombinant self-assembling bioinspired proteins that will be used as scaffolds for tissue engineering applications.
· Bachelor in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology and/or genetics
· Postgraduate Degree and PhD in a relevant field (Biochemistry, Biomaterials Science and Engineering)
· Experience in cloning, expression, purification of proteins
· Experience in using experimental techniques for protein attachment to inorganic or polymer surfaces, familiarity with confocal and fluorescence microscopies
· Excellent knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing)
· Scientific Publications and presentations in conferences
Location: Heraklion Crete - Greece
Remuneration: according to national guidelines and past experience
Start Date: June 15 , 2014
Duration: 12 Months, with the option for extension until the end of the project (31 July 2015)
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 20/05/2014 by email to Ms Aggeliki Tsigkri (email@example.com), with cc to the Scientific Coordinator of the project, Prof. Anna Mitraki (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
· Application Form (please download file from the job announcement webpage)
· Brief CV
· Scanned copies of academic titles
· Reference letters or work experience credentials that prove the desired qualifications or any other documents that will support the candidacy
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Aggeliki Tsigkri (email@example.com ) tel. +30 2810-391353
For information and questions about the advertised position and the research activity of the group or the institute, candidates are asked to contact the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Anna Mitraki (firstname.lastname@example.org) tel. +30 2810-394095
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix in the end of the present announcement. If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within seven (7) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL
SPIROS H. ANASTASIADIS