The Postdoctoral researcher is expected to perform high level, competitive research on
A) the development of methodologies and portable instruments for the in-situ analysis of materials and the conservation/restoration of Cultural Heritage (CH) objects and monuments
B) the development of novel laser techniques for analysis, diagnosis and conservation of CH objects and monuments.
· BSc/Diploma in Natural Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Geology), Engineering, Conservation Science
· PhD in a relevant field (Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Geology, Engineering, Conservation Science)
· High level of knowledge and experience in:
- Experimental laser techniques for materials analysis and/or processing
- Materials analysis and study with emphasis to the characterisation and conservation of archaeological, historic and museum objects.
· Research experience in the following is important:
Laser spectroscopies (LIBS, Raman, LIF, THz), non-linear imaging microscopy, laser ablation cleaning.
· Strong motivation for frontier level scientific research
· A strong publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presentations in international conferences will be taken into account
· Excellent knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing).
Location: Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Start Date: 01 June 2014
Contract Duration: up to 18 Months
Interested candidates are asked to submit applications no later than the 28th of April 2014 by email to Ms Aggeliki Tsigkri (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to the Scientific Coordinator of the project, Prof. Demetrios Anglos (email@example.com).
The application package must include the following:
· Application Form (please download file from the job announcement webpage)
· Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
· Copies of academic titles
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for selection.
For inquiries on the application selection procedure: Ms. Aggeliki Tsigkri (firstname.lastname@example.org ) tel. +30 2810-391301.
For information on the research activity, please contact the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Demetrios Anglos (email@example.com) tel. +30 2810-391154.
Applications submitted by the above deadline and with all requested documentation will be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidate that best suits the position and project requirements based on Academic criteria (see Appendix). If necessary the scientific committee will invite candidates for an interview on a mutually agreed date and time.
The evaluation results will be posted on the IESL-FORTH web site and, following a period for appeals (5 working days), the scientific committee will make the final selection.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL
SPIROS H. ANASTASIADIS