The purpose of the project is the fabrication, and realization of novel nano – devices and micro-nano electronics processing techniques. The project focuses on graphene based devices and polariton structures using nanofabrication and processing techniques and their characterization using electrical and/or optical methods. The target of the project is to explore entirely novel device concepts for electronics, optics and energy.
· Bachelor in Materials Science/Physics/Chemistry/Electrical Engineering
· Postgraduate Degree and PhD in a relevant field (Materials Science/Physics/Chemistry/Electrical Engineering)
· Experience in compound semiconductor processing and optoelectronic device fabrication
· Experience in nanofabrication and characterization techniques
· Experience in graphene processing and device design
· Excellent knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing)
· Scientific Publications and presentations in conferences
· Participation in executing funded research projects and experience in writing project reports
Location: Vasilika Vouton – Heraklion Crete - GREECE
Remuneration: It will be announced in private communication with the candidates
Start Date: 1/04/2014
Contract Duration: 18 Months
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 12/03/2014 by email to Ms Aggeliki Tsigkri (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Spiros H. Anastasiadis (email@example.com).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
· Application Form (please download file from the end of the webpage)
· Brief CV
· Scanned copies of academic titles
· Work experience credentials / reference letters, that prove the desired qualifications or any other documents that will support the candidacy
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Aggeliki Tsigkri (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel. +30 2810-391301
For information and questions about the advertised position and the research activity of the group or the institute, candidates are asked to contact the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Spiros H. Anastasiadis (email@example.com), tel. +30 2810-391466, 391304
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix in the end of the present announcement. If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within seven (7) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL
SPIROS H. ANASTASIADIS