The purpose of the project is the design and fabrication of three-dimensional scaffolds, the surface functionalization of the 3D substrates, thorough testing of their biocompatibility and the study of cell behavior cultured on these 3D scaffolds. In the context of this project, the main tasks assigned to the candidate are:
a) the in vitro and in vivo study of scaffold's induced cellular and humoral immunity,
b) the study of the effect of surface energy in adhesion, growth, migration and targeted differentiation of cell lines, primary and stem cells.
c) the investigation of cellular interactions and cellular networking for understanding their organization in a tissue.
· Ph.D from an acknowledged institute in Greece or internationally in fields that are related to the job description, e.g, medical/biological sciences.
· At least 2 yrs. of lab experience in cell culturing, immunochemical (e.g. FCS, ELISA) and biochemical assays (e.g RT-PCR,Western blotting), as well as in imaging techniques (e.g. confocal/ electron microscopy)
· A Masters in a related field, e.g,. Cell/Molecular Biology, Biomedicine, Immunology
· A strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals will be taken into account
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
Successful candidates must be highly motivated, have passion for research and be able to work in an interdisciplinary environment
Location: Vasilika Vouton – Heraklion Crete
Start Date: 01/04/2014
Budget: the salary will depend on the experience of the researcher and it will be competitive in the current market
Project Duration: 12 Months, with the option for extension
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 21/03/2014 by email to Ms Aggeliki Tsigkri (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to the Scientific Coordinator of the project, Dr. Anthi Ranella (email@example.com) and Dr. Emmanuel Stratakis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
· Application Form (please download file from end of the webpage)
· Brief CV
· Scanned copies of academic titles
· Work experience credentials / reference letters, that prove the desired qualifications or any other documents that will support the candidacy
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Aggeliki Tsigkri (email@example.com ) tel. +30 2810-391301
For information and questions about the advertised position and the research activity of the group or the institute, candidates are asked to contact the Scientific Coordinators, Dr. Anthi Ranella (firstname.lastname@example.org) tel. +30-2810-391319 or Emmanuel Stratakis (email@example.com) tel. +30-2810-391274.
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix in the end of the present announcement. If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within seven (7) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL
SPIROS H. ANASTASIADIS