The purpose of the project is the development of novel, innovative biomaterials for tissue engineering applications and their biological assessment
· Bachelor in Natural Sciences (Chemistry, Materials Science, Biology, Engineering)
· Postgraduate Degree and PhD in a relevant field (Chemistry, Materials Science, Biology, Engineering)
Experience in using experimental techniques in mammalian cell culture (biochemical, immunohistochemical), and bacteria culture, techniques of protein immobilization and determination of immobilized protein amount, confocal microscopy
· Scientific Publications and presentations in conferences
· Excellent knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing)
· Experience in in vivo small animal studies desirable but not mandatory
Location: Vasilika Vouton – Heraklion Crete
Remuneration:will be notified in personal communication
Start Date: April 1st, 2014
Contract Duration: 12 months, with the option for extension
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 15/03/2014 by email to Ms Aggeliki Tsigkri (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to the Scientific Coordinator of the project, Prof. Maria Chatzinikolaidou (email@example.com)
In order to be considered, the application must include:
· Application Form (please download file from the end of the webpage)
· Brief CV
· Scanned copies of academic titles
· Work experience credentials or reference letters that prove the qualifications or any other documents that will support the candidacy
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Aggeliki Tsigkri (firstname.lastname@example.org ) tel. +30 2810-391304
For information and questions about the advertised position and the research activity of the group or the institute, candidates are asked to contact the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Maria Chatzinikolaidou (email@example.com) tel. +30 2810-394276
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix in the end of the present announcement. If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within seven (7) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL