The purpose of the project is the development of biomimetic responsive organic coatings onto hierarchically structured surfaces and the characterization of the surface properties in terms of their wetting behavior in response to changes in single or multiple external stimuli. Our aim is to develop surfaces that reversibly switch from superhydrophobic and water repellent tosuperhydrophilic inresponse to the external stimuli.
· Bachelor in Materials Science/Physics/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
· Postgraduate Degree and PhD in a relevant field (Materials Science/Physics/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering)
· Experience in polymer surface modification and surface functionalization methods
· Experience in polymer surface characterization techniques
· Experience in biomimetic polymer materials and/or biomaterials
· Excellent knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing)
· Scientific Publications and presentations in conferences
· Participation in executing funded research projects and experience in writing project reports
Location: Vasilika Vouton – Heraklion Crete
Remuneration: It will be announced in private communication with the candidates
Start Date: 10/03/2014
Project Duration: 16 Months
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 24/02/2014 by email to Ms Aggeliki Tsigkri (email@example.com), with cc to the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Spiros Anastasiadis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
· Application Form (please download file from the job announcement webpage)
· Brief CV
· Scanned copies of academic titles
· Work experience credentials / reference letters, that prove the desired qualifications or any other documents that will support the candidacy
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Aggeliki Tsigkri (email@example.com), tel. +30 2810-391301
For information and questions about the advertised position and the research activity of the group or the institute, candidates are asked to contact the Scientific Coordinator, Prof. Spiros H. Anastasiadis (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel. +30 2810-391466, +30 2810-391304
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix in the end of the present announcement. If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within seven (7) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL
SPIROS H. ANASTASIADIS