The purpose of the project is to provide innovative solutions utilizing semiconductor nanowires for the development of low-cost and ultra-efficient nanowire solar cells and nanowire-pumped organic LEDs. The successful candidate is expected to work on modeling and simulation of new designs of III-V nanowire heterostructures as well as on theoretical aspects of resonant energy transfer between inorganic nanostructures and organic molecules.
· Bachelor in Physics/Materials Science
· MSc in a Physics/Chemistry/Materials Science, or in a relevant interdisciplinary field
· Experience in Computational Materials Science/Condensed Matter Physics/Chemistry
· Excellent knowledge of English language (competency in speaking and writing)
· Experience with computer programming and atomic-scale simulations
· Scientific publications and presentations in conferences
Location: Vasilika Vouton – Heraklion Crete
Start Date: 01/03/2014
Project Duration: 17 Months
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 15/02/2014 by email to Ms Aggeliki Tsigkri (email@example.com), with cc to the Scientific Coordinator, Dr Georgios Kopidakis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
· Application Form (please download file from the job announcement webpage)
· Brief CV
· Scanned copies of academic titles
· Reference letters, work experience credentials that prove the desired qualifications or any other documents that will support the candidacy
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection.
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms Aggeliki Tsigkri (email@example.com) tel. (+30)2810-391301
For information and questions about the advertised position and the research activity of the group or the institute, candidates are asked to contact the Scientific Coordinator, Dr Georgios Kopidakis (firstname.lastname@example.org) tel. (+30)2810-394218
Applications that are received on time are going to be reviewed by the scientific committee. The committee will select the candidacy that best matches the position and project requirements, based on the score that it will get according to the criteria table as shown on the Appendix in the end of the present announcement. If necessary, certain candidates will be invited to a personal interview with the committee on a specific date and time that will be announced.
The successful candidate will be personally notified and will be asked to present the required documents in original form within seven (7) working days after the results announcement on the web and the time period for appeals. In the case that the presented documents don’t match those submitted, the candidate will be dismissed from the procedure.
THE DIRECTOR OF IESL
SPIROS H. ANASTASIADIS